Kagan Bay - Development Opportunity
The Village of Queen Charlotte is focused on creating development opportunities that will enhance economic activity within the community. The Village owns a 1 ha piece of waterfront property 5 km west of downtown, and hopes to see this unique parcel developed in the coming years. Formerly a log sort, this site offers diverse opportunities for development potential.
About This Project
Overlooking mountain ranges from the shore of Kagan Bay, this cleared gravel property is a rare piece of level ground along the water. Infrastructure development options are plentiful, and metal slide rails from historic logging operations are still in place. Access to the beach and the gorgeous scenery make it a popular spot for locals to visit. Secluded yet easily accessible from town, the site does not currently have access to any utilities.
Ideas for development include:
- Barge facility, based on deep water in Skidegate Inlet
- Tourism-based business, based on access to the west coast for fishing and sightseeing
- Shooting range, based on location and some informal usage currently
- Forestry operations, based on access to QC Main Forest Service Road (watering of wood is not permitted)
Advantages to potential investors include:
- Industrial tax rate of 19.8549 (inclusive of all tax classes based on 2011 rates)
- No development cost charges
- Substantial utility capacity to support development
- Access to Industrial Park development land (Honna Rd)
- Transportation infrastructure within the Village includes the BC Ferries dock, a sea plane dock, boat ramp, and helicopter pad, while daily flights via Air Canada are available nearby in Sandspit
- All provincial and federal agency offices are located within the Village of Queen Charlotte
Haida Gwaii is a unique and bountiful island. Investors should be innovative in their thinking, sustainable in their practice and respectful of the people.
More Information Online
For more information on this project, visit: