Potash Export Terminal
December 5, 2012 - Federal regulators have given conditional approval to a plan by Canpotex and the Prince Rupert Port Authority (PRPA) to construct a potash export terminal and associated transportation infrastructure.
About This Project
Canpotex is currently working toward the completion of a feasibility analysis. This analysis covers environmental assessment, First Nations consultation and detailed design engineering activities. The company hopes to have regulatory approvals before the end of 2012.
The Canpotex Potash Export Terminal will include the following components:
- A marine wharf, access trestle, causeway and all weather ship loading facility capable of receiving vessels of up to 180,000 dead weight tonne (DWT)
- A 180,000 tonne potash storage building with associated conveyor and dust collection systems
- An automated railcar unloading and conveyor system
- A settlement pond for storm water and wash down water
- Administration, personnel, maintenance, and storage buildings
- Site services including water supply, natural gas and sewage.
The Canpotex Potash Export Terminal will have the capacity to provide an annual throughput of approximately 12.5 million tones of red potash and approximately 500,000 tonnes of white potash, a total of 13 million tonnes per year.
More Information Online
For more information on this project, visit: